Whitesboro in Oneida County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Named in honor of
Judge Hugh White
A first settler
Erected 1935 by State Department of Education.
Location. 43° 7.236′ N, 75° 17.37′ W. Marker is in Whitesboro, New York, in Oneida County. Marker is on Main Street west of Victory Parkway, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. This historical marker is located on the north side of the street, in front of the parking lot for the Dunham Public Library. Marker is at or near this postal address: 74 Main Street, Whitesboro NY 13492, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Rear Guard of General Herkimers Army (within shouting distance of this marker); On August 5, 1777 (approx. 1½ miles away); James Schoolcraft Sherman (approx. 2.8 miles away); Near This Spot (approx. 3.3 miles away); General Herkimer Marched Past This Spot (approx. 3.4 miles away); Site of Woolen Mill (approx. 3.4 miles away); The Site of Old Fort Schuyler (approx. 3½ miles away); Utica (approx. 3½ miles away).
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 30, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 494 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 30, 2010, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.