Refugio in Refugio County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 4232.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
Location. 28° 17.792′ N, 97° 16.536′ W. Marker is in Refugio, Texas, in Refugio County. Marker is on Commerce Street when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker in front of courthouse entrance. Marker is at or near this postal address: 808 Commerce Street, Refugio TX 78377, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Colonel A. M. Hobby/Hobby's 8th Texas Infantry Regiment, C.S.A. (here, next to this marker); Refugio County Courthouse (here, next to this marker); Empresario James Power (here, next to this marker); Sally Scull (here, next to this marker); Dennis M. O'Connor Public Library (within shouting distance of Amon B. King (within shouting distance of this marker); Irish Immigrants in Refugio (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Mission Nuestra Señora del Refugio (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Refugio.
Categories. • Native Americans • Political Subdivisions • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 31, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 503 times since then and 67 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 31, 2010, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.