Hillsborough in Orange County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
in North Carolina, built
to relieve the paper
shortage during the
Revolution, was erected
in this vicinity, 1777.
Erected 1965 by Archives and Highway Departments. (Marker Number G 48.)
Location. 36° 4.409′ N, 79° 5.952′ W. Marker is in Hillsborough, North Carolina, in Orange County. Marker is at the intersection of S Churton Street and Exchange Park Lane, on the right when traveling north on S Churton Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Hillsborough NC 27278, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. James Hogg (within shouting distance of this marker); Billy Strayhorn (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); North Carolina Society of the Cincinnati (about 300 feet away); William Churton (about 400 feet away); Edmund Fanning (about 500 feet away); Occaneechi (about 500 feet away); Regulators Hanged (about 500 feet away); Orange County Courthouse, 1845-1957 (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hillsborough.
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 1, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 508 times since then. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 1, 2010, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.