Dover in Kent County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
placed on the
of Historic Places
by the United States
Department of the Interior
Erected 1972. (Marker Number 72000277.)
Location. 39° 9.322′ N, 75° 31.395′ W. Marker is in Dover, Delaware, in Kent County. Marker is on S. State Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 419 S. State Street, Dover DE 19901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Thomas Stevenson House (a few steps from this marker); Site of King George’s Tavern (within shouting distance of this marker); John Bell House (within shouting distance of this marker); Kent County Courthouses (1680-1983) (within shouting distance of this marker); Old Christ Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Nicholas Ridgely (about 300 feet away); Caesar Rodney (about 300 feet away); An Army of Restoration (CCC) (about 300 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dover.
Regarding Loockerman House. National Register of Historic Places:
Bradford-Loockerman House (added 1972 - - #72000277)
419 S. State St. , Dover
• Historic Significance: Architecture/Engineering
• Architect, builder, or engineer: Loockerman,Vincent
• Architectural Style: No Style Listed
• Area of Significance: Architecture
• Period of Significance: 1700-1749
• Owner: Private
• Historic Function: Domestic
• Historic Sub-function: Single Dwelling
• Current Function: Domestic
• Current Sub-function: Single Dwelling
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 18, 2010, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 663 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 18, 2010, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.