Concord in Cabarrus County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Jeﬀerson Davis Camp
after the evacuation of Richmond
President of the Confederate States of America
with his personal staff and cabinet
camped April 18, 1865.
Dismounting he hitched his horse
to a tree which stood on this spot.
Erected 1939 by Dodson Ramseur Chapter United Daughters of the Confederacy.
Marker series. This marker is included in the United Daughters of the Confederacy marker series.
Location. 35° 25.77′ N, 80° 35.939′ W. Marker is in Concord, North Carolina, in Cabarrus County. Marker is on Earl Street just north of Church Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Concord NC 28025, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Charles A. Cannon (approx. half a mile away); W. R. Odell (approx. one mile away); Red Hill (approx. 1.3 miles away); Jefferson Davis (approx. 1.6 miles away); James W. Cannon Barber-Scotia College (approx. 1.7 miles away); Cabarrus Black Boys Fountain (approx. 1.8 miles away); James P. Cook (approx. 1.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Concord.
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 22, 2011, by Tom Daoust of Concord, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 973 times since then and 18 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 22, 2011, by Tom Daoust of Concord, North Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.