Fitzgerald in Ben Hill County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Ben Hill County
Erected 1956 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 009-2.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 31° 42.86′ N, 83° 15.007′ W. Marker is in Fitzgerald, Georgia, in Ben Hill County. Marker is on South Sheridan Street south of East Central Avenue (U.S. 319), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. The marker stands on the lawn near the west side of the Ben Hill County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Fitzgerald GA 31750, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are In Grateful Appreciation of The Boys of Ben Hill Co. (within shouting distance of this marker); Jefferson Davis Memorial State Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Fitzgerald (approx. 0.2 miles away); Dedicated to the Veterans of 1898 - 1902 (approx. ¼ mile away); Gen. Bush's Home (approx. ¾ mile away); First Baptist Church Bell (approx. 0.8 miles away); a different marker also named Jefferson Davis Memorial State Park (approx. 8.3 miles away); Irwin County (approx. 8½ miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fitzgerald.
Also see . . .
1. Benjamin Hill. The New Georgia Encyclopedia entry for Senator Benjamin Harvey Hill, after whom the county was named. (Submitted on February 15, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia.)
2. Ben Hill County, Georgia. (Submitted on February 15, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 13, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 678 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 13, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.