Madison in Dane County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Balch and Lippert, Architects
—1923 - 1924 —
Erected 1993 by the Madison Landmarks Commission. (Marker Number 109.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Wisconsin, Madison Landmarks Commission marker series.
Location. 43° 4.588′ N, 89° 23.041′ W. Marker is in Madison, Wisconsin, in Dane County. Marker is at the intersection of East Mifflin Street and North Pinckney Street, on the right when traveling east on East Mifflin Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 101 East Mifflin Street, Madison WI 53703, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Draper Brothers Block (a few steps from this marker); Winterbotham Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Maeder Building / Ellsworth Block Olson and Veerhusen Building / Hobbins Block (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); American House (about 300 feet away); Outdoor markets are a Madison tradition (about 400 feet away); American Exchange Bank (about 400 feet away); Robert Lamp House (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Madison.
Also see . . . Madison Landmarks Commission. The landmark nomination form for the building (pdf). (Submitted on April 25, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 25, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 487 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on April 25, 2011, by William J. Toman of Green Lake, Wisconsin.