Congers in Rockland County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
St. Paulís Church
St. Paulís was begun in 1891 to serve local ice & quarry workers. Land was donated by John McGuiness, quarry owners donated the brick. The 1st Mass was on Easter, 1894. The old post office, bought for $485, became the rectory. St. Paulís School began in 1961. After fire destroyed the old church, a new one was erected in 1969. A renovation was begun in 2005 and completed in 2006. St. Paulís now serves nearly 3,000 families.
“Lest we forget”
Location. 41° 8.885′ N, 73° 56.157′ W. Marker is in Congers, New York, in Rockland County. Marker is at the intersection of Lake Road (County Route 80) and Hemenway Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Lake Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Congers NY 10920, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Congers Station (approx. 0.3 miles away); Congers World War I Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Congers School (approx. half a mile away); Kings Highway (approx. half Doctor Davies Farm (approx. 0.7 miles away); Snedeker Farm (approx. 0.7 miles away); Paul Farmhouse (approx. 0.9 miles away); Congers Lake Dam (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Congers.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 6, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 516 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on October 20, 2012, by Clifton Patrick of Chester, NY, United States. 2, 3. submitted on July 6, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. 4. submitted on October 20, 2012, by Clifton Patrick of Chester, NY, United States. 5. submitted on July 6, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.