Lincolnton in Lincoln County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1953 by Archives Conservation and Highway Departments. (Marker Number O 45.)
Location. 35° 28.178′ N, 81° 15.362′ W. Marker is in Lincolnton, North Carolina, in Lincoln County. Marker is on South Aspen Street south of Church Street, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lincolnton NC 28092, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. "Old White Church" Cemetery / " Old White Church " (a few steps from this marker); Cemetery (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Hiram R. Revels (about 600 feet away); North State Hotel (about 700 feet away); Rufus Z. Johnston (about 700 feet away); Veterans Memorial Plaza (about 700 feet away); Lincoln County War Memorial (about 700 feet away); André Michaux (about 700 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lincolnton.
Also see . . . J.G. Arends Essay. North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program (Submitted on July 12, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 10, 2011, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 315 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 10, 2011, by Stanley and Terrie Howard of Greer, South Carolina. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.