Prince Frederick in Calvert County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
World War Memorial
George Armiger Solomon Barnes Wm T Dorsey Arck L Lore William N Marquess Thomas Osborne Reuben Pitcher Murray A Sherbert Irving R Stallings Harry Sunderland Charles W Tongue Alonzo Brown James Butler Wallace Curtis John Gross Thorton Gorman Joseph S Jones Benjamin Kent
Three hundred and fifteen patriots from this county answered the call for liberty and humanity.
Inscription on reverse:
This memorial is erected by the citizens of Calvert County to perpetuate the memory of their sons and daughters who made the supreme sacrifice and to those who served their country in the great World War: 1917 – 1918.
Erected 1920 by the Citizens of Calvert County.
Location. 38° 32.322′ N, 76° 34.963′ W. Marker is in Prince Frederick, Maryland, in Calvert County. Marker is on Main Street (Maryland Route 765) 0.2 miles from Church Street (Maryland Route 231), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is on the lawn of the Calvert County Courthouse. Marker is in this post office area: Prince Frederick MD 20678, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are Veterans Green (a few steps from this marker); Panic in Prince Frederick (within shouting distance of this marker); Prince Frederick Library “Firsts” (approx. 0.2 miles away); Arthur Storer Planetarium (approx. 0.9 miles away); W. S. Brooks High School (approx. 1.1 miles away); Old Wallville School (approx. 1.2 miles away); Joseph & James Wilkinson (approx. 1.6 miles away); St. Johns Holiness Church (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Prince Frederick.
Categories. • Military • Patriots & Patriotism • War, World I •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 11, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,632 times since then and 29 times this year. Last updated on July 30, 2011, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. Photos: 1. submitted on November 11, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. 2. submitted on July 30, 2011, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. 3. submitted on November 11, 2007, by F. Robby of Baltimore, Maryland. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.