New Harmony in Posey County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Erected 1966 by Indiana Sesquicentennial Commission. (Marker Number 65.1966.1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Indiana State Historical Bureau Markers marker series.
Location. 38° 7.784′ N, 87° 56.047′ W. Marker is in New Harmony, Indiana, in Posey County. Marker is on Church Street (State Road 66) east of Main Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 513 East Church Street, New Harmony IN 47631, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. New Harmony Area Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); New Harmony, Indiana (1814-1827) (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named New Harmony (about 300 feet away); David Dale Owen (about 300 feet away); Rappite Community House No. 2 New Harmony Workingmen's Institute (about 600 feet away); Maclure Park Bandstand (approx. 0.2 miles away); In Perfect Harmony (approx. ¼ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Harmony.
Also see . . . Historic New Harmony, Indiana. (Submitted on October 6, 2011, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.)
Categories. • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 27, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 3, 2011, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 385 times since then and 61 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 3, 2011, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. 3, 4. submitted on July 27, 2016, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.