Northborough in Worcester County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
Mary Goodnow's Grave
1630 - 1930
Erected 1930 by Massachusetts Bay Colony-Tercentenary Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Massachusetts Bay Colony—Tercentenary Commission Markers marker series.
Location. 42° 20.1′ N, 71° 36.324′ W. Marker is in Northborough, Massachusetts, in Worcester County. Marker is on Main Street (Massachusetts Route 20), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Northborough MA 01532, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Gen. Henry Knox Trail (approx. 1.9 miles away); The Minuteman (approx. 2 miles away); Northborough World War I Memorial (approx. 2.2 miles away); Williams Tavern (approx. 2.3 miles away); Lieut Wm. Munroe Brigham Jr. Park (approx. 2.7 miles away); The Volunteer (approx. 2.7 miles away); Robert W. "Red" Touchette (approx. 2.8 miles away); High School Common (approx. 2.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Northborough.
Also see . . .
1. The Mary Goodnow Story. (Submitted on March 13, 2010, by Antonio Prats of Shrewsbury, Massachusetts.)
2. Northborough's Historic Markers. Pictures of Mary Goodnow's Grave site, accessible from Pheasant Hills Property on Main Street. (Submitted on May 3, 2010.)
3. Historical markers erected by Massachusetts Bay Colony. Original 1930 publication by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts of Tercentenary Commission Markers, commemorating the three hundredth anniversary of the Massachusetts Bay Colony. (Submitted on May 21, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.)
1. Mary Goodnow grave site trail
The trail to the Mary Goodnow grave site can be accessed from the parking lot of the nearby Pheasant Hill Condominiums. A sign marks the trail head.
— Submitted May 3, 2010, by Forest P. Lyford of Northborough, Massachusetts.
2. The Marker
The marker standing at this location is a replica of the original cast iron marker.
— Submitted May 21, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Native Americans • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 10, 2010, by Antonio Prats of Shrewsbury, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 2,594 times since then and 14 times this year. Last updated on October 26, 2011, by Russell Chaffee Bixby of Bernardston, Massachusetts. Photo 1. submitted on March 10, 2010, by Antonio Prats of Shrewsbury, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.