Near Broomall in Delaware County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Built by noted Quaker, Jonathan Maris, c. 1750, this fieldstone farmhouse retains many early features such as a walk-in cooking fireplace and six corner fireplaces. The property was purchased by Robert Culbertson after the civil war and remained in his family until the early 20th century.
Erected by The Marple Township Historical Society.
Location. 39° 58.983′ N, 75° 22.109′ W. Marker is near Broomall, Pennsylvania, in Delaware County. Marker is on West Chester Pike (Pennsylvania Route 3), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marple Township. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2809 West Chester Pike, Broomall PA 19008, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Maris House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Thomas Massey House (approx. 1½ miles away); 1696 Massey House (approx. 1½ miles away); Lynnewood Park (approx. 2.1 miles away); George H. Earle III (approx. 2.1 miles Square Inn (approx. 2.3 miles away); Daniel Williamson House (approx. 2.6 miles away); Springfield Friends Meeting (approx. 3 miles away).
Also see . . . Marple Historical Society. (Submitted on January 11, 2012, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Notable Buildings •
More. Search the internet for Culbertson House.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 11, 2012, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 553 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on January 11, 2012, by Keith S Smith of West Chester, Pennsylvania. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.