Columbia in Richland County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Boys of Richland County
Erected by the Civic Department of the Woman’s Club of Columbia
Dedicated April 20, 1947
Erected 1947 by Civic Department of the Woman's Club of Columbia.
Location. 33° 59.84′ N, 81° 1.087′ W. Marker is in Columbia, South Carolina, in Richland County. Marker is at the intersection of Saluda Avenue and Blossom Street, in the median on Saluda Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Columbia SC 29205, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Maxcy Gregg Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Memorial Youth Center (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Statue of Liberty Division (approx. 0.2 miles away); Remembering Dr. King (approx. ¼ mile away); A.S. Salley House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Mexican Border and World War Memorial (approx. half a mile away); Cain- Matthews- Tompkins House (approx. half a mile away); Last Home of Wade Hampton (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Columbia.
1. Military Seals notes
When this monument was dedicated the Air Force was still a part of the Army as the Army Air Corps, therefore there was no seal for them.
The seal for the Coast Guard shows that at the time it was still under the Department of the Treasury. In 1967 it was transferred to the newly formed Department of Transportation. In 2003 it was then transferred to the newly formed Department of Homeland Security.
— Submitted February 5, 2012, by Anna Inbody of Columbia, South Carolina.
Categories. • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 5, 2012, by Anna Inbody of Columbia, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 516 times since then and 5 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on February 5, 2012, by Anna Inbody of Columbia, South Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.