Waynesboro in Wayne County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Wayne County Revolutionary War Veterans
Created 1817 from Hickman County
Named in honor of
“Mad” Anthony Wayne
American Statesman and Major
General in the Revolutionary War.
This stone is in his honor, and
for the Revolutionary War Veterans
who settled in Wayne County
Erected 2005 by Ephraim McLean Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Location. 35° 19.195′ N, 87° 45.771′ W. Marker is in Waynesboro, Tennessee, in Wayne County. Marker is at the intersection of Public Square (U.S. 64) and Hill Street, on the left when traveling south on Public Square. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 100 Public Square, Waynesboro TN 38485, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Wayne County World War II Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Incident at Waynesboro (within shouting distance of this marker); Waynesboro Operation Enduring Freedom & Operation Iraqi Freedom Monument Sons of Confederate Veterans (within shouting distance of this marker); Difficult Times (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Army of Tennessee (approx. 5 miles away); Sweetwater Branch (approx. 7.9 miles away); Dogwood Mudhole (approx. 9.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Waynesboro.
Also see . . . Anthony Wayne [Wikipedia]. Anthony Wayne (January 1, 1745 – December 15, 1796) was a United States Army general and statesman. Wayne adopted a military career at the outset of the American Revolutionary War, where his military exploits and fiery personality quickly earned him a promotion to the rank of brigadier general and the sobriquet of Mad Anthony. (Submitted on March 15, 2012, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa.)
Categories. • Patriots & Patriotism • War, US Revolutionary •
More. Search the internet for Wayne County Revolutionary War Veterans.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 15, 2012, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. This page has been viewed 386 times since then and 21 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 15, 2012, by Sandra Hughes of Killen, Usa. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.