Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Canyon in Randall County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Randall County

 
 
Randall County Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, May 3, 2012
1. Randall County Marker
Inscription.
Formed from Young and Bexar
Territories
Created, August 21, 1876
Organized, July 27, 1889

Named in honor of
Horace Randall
1821-1864
A distinguished Confederate
officer who fell in battle at the
head of his brigade
Canyon, the county seat

 
Erected 1936 by State of Texas. (Marker Number 4186.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Texas 1936 Centennial Markers and Monuments marker series.
 
Location. 34° 58.781′ N, 101° 55.693′ W. Marker is in Canyon, Texas, in Randall County. Marker is on 4th Avenue (State Highway 217) east of 15th Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Canyon TX 79015, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Randall County World War I Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Randall County Courthouse (within shouting distance of this marker); First National Bank Building (within shouting distance of this marker); The Smith Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); "The Canyon News"
Randall County Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, May 3, 2012
2. Randall County Marker
(about 400 feet away); City of Canyon (about 400 feet away); The Little House of Fellowship (about 600 feet away); Canyon Fire Department (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canyon.
 
Categories. Settlements & Settlers
 
Randall County Marker image. Click for full size.
By Bill Kirchner, May 3, 2012
3. Randall County Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 4, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 302 times since then and 65 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on June 4, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement