Wichita in Sedgwick County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
The Eaton Hotel
The success of this project is due to the strategic partnership formed among the organizations listed
[organizations not transcribed]
April 28, 2001
The Eaton Hotel
Built 1886 - 1887
has been placed on the
National Register of Historic Places
by the National Park Service,
United States Department of the Interior
This building is recognized for its
architectural and historical significance
to the United States of America
Erected 2001 by Eaton Place.
Location. 37° 41.153′ N, 97° 19.914′ W. Marker is in Wichita, Kansas, in Sedgwick County. Marker is at the intersection of Douglas Avenue and St. Francis Street, on the right when Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 517-525 East Douglas Avenue, Wichita KS 67202, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Area History (within shouting distance of this marker); Maurice Clifton Naftzger (within shouting distance of this marker); Hauser Garrison Dry Goods Building (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); McCormick Harvester Building (about 700 feet away); College Hill Streetcar No. 230 (about 700 feet away); Myra Warren McHenry (approx. 0.2 miles away); Commercial / Residential Buildings (approx. 0.2 miles away); F. G. & C. H. Smyth & Sons Building (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Wichita.
Also see . . .
1. Eaton Hotel (The Carey House) National Register Nomination. (Submitted on June 14, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. History of Eaton Place. (Submitted on June 14, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 14, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 378 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on June 14, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.