Near Ludowici in Long County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Old Barrington Road
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 091-4.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. Marker has been reported missing. It was located near 31° 39.992′ N, 81° 41.895′ W. Marker was near Ludowici, Georgia, in Long County. Marker was at the intersection of Georgia Route 57 at milepost 19 and Old Barrington Road, on the right when traveling east on State Route 57. Touch for map. Marker was in this post office area: Ludowici GA 31316, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 8 miles of this location, measured as the crow flies. Long County (approx. 3.8 miles away); Long County Timeline Mural Historic Roads And Indian Trails (approx. 5.6 miles away); The Defense of the Altamaha Bridge (approx. 7 miles away); Franklinia Altamaha (approx. 7 miles away); Walthourville Presbyterian Church (approx. 7.6 miles away); Walthourville Baptist Church (approx. 7.9 miles away); Doctortown (approx. 8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ludowici.
More about this marker. The marker was (observed) standing in 1996.
The text for the missing marker was taken from “Georgia Historical Markers” (Bay Tree Grove, Second Edition 1978) compiled by Carroll P. Scruggs from the records of the Georgia Historical Commission.
Regarding Old Barrington Road. Highway 99, referenced on the marker, has been renumbered to Georgia Highway 57.
Categories. • Colonial Era • Native Americans • Roads & Vehicles • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 9, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 372 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on August 9, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.