Crewe in Nottoway County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
óApril 5-6, 1865 ó
Nottoway Court House
Erected by Virginia's Retreat.
Location. 37° 10.615′ N, 78° 7.687′ W. Marker is in Crewe, Virginia, in Nottoway County. Marker is at the intersection of W Virginia Avenue (U.S. 460) and Meade Street, on the left when traveling north on W Virginia Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Crewe VA 23930, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Roger Atkinson Pryor (within shouting distance of this marker); Lottie Moon (approx. 0.6 miles away); Civilian Conservation Corps Company 1370 (approx. 1.2 miles away); T. O. Sandy (approx. 1.9 miles away); Ella Graham Agnew (approx. 1.9 miles away); Old Nottoway Meeting House (approx. 3.2 miles away); Ingleside Training Institute (approx. 3.6 miles away); Nottoway Court House (approx. 3.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Crewe.
More about this marker.
Regarding Crewe. Part of a driving tour following General Robert E. Lee's route from Petersburg to Appomattox. While visiting the site a more detailed description is played on short range radio on AM1610. Or call 1-800-6-retreat.
Also see . . .
1. Lee's Retreat to Appomattox. Civil War Traveler guide to the retreat. (Submitted on March 9, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. Lee's Retreat. Virginia's Retreat guide. (Submitted on March 9, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
3. Civil War Traveler - Southside Virginia & Lee's Retreat. Lee's Retreat: Radio Message Scripts. Stop 24: Crewe. (Submitted on May 18, 2009, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 9, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 893 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 9, 2008, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.