Waugh in Montgomery County, Alabama — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 2002 by East Montgomery County Historical Society, Inc., Alabama Historical Association.
Location. 32° 21.957′ N, 86° 2.517′ W. Marker is in Waugh, Alabama, in Montgomery County. Marker is on State Route 8 (U.S. 80), on the right. Touch for map. Located approx. .6 miles east of Alabama exit 16 I-85. Marker is in this post office area: Pike Road AL 36064, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Oaks Plantation (approx. 0.6 miles away); Lucas Hill Cemetery Grace Episcopal Church (approx. 3.2 miles away); Prairie Farms Resettlement Community (approx. 3.2 miles away); Georgia Washington School (approx. 3.6 miles away); Antioch Baptist Church (approx. 3.7 miles away); Chantilly Plantation (approx. 3.9 miles away); Brewer Memorial Church (approx. 4.9 miles away).
Regarding Lucas Tavern. ... In 1978 the Landmarks Foundation bought it and moved it into Old Alabama Town. The tavern was completely restored by 1980....that can all be found in Old North Hull Square, in the Old North Hull Historic District. The address is 310 North Hull Street, Montgomery, Alabama 36104.
Also see . . . Lucas Tavern - Haunted Houses Inc. ...During the 1820 - 1840 era, Lucas Tavern was a favorite, upscale place for travelers to spend the night in clean beds, and enjoy a good meal, and the warm southern hospitality of its owner and hostess, Eliza Lucas. ... (Submitted on November 7, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Notable Places •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 6, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 707 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 7, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 4. submitted on January 19, 2014, by Mark Hilton of Montgomery, Alabama.