Alexanderfeld in Marion County, Kansas — The American Midwest (Upper Plains)
Alexanderfeld was a farming village with farmsteads clustered along this mile road. This monument is to commemorate the Mennonite pioneer families who settled on this native prairie 1874 - 1877 from Molotschna Colony, South Russia (Ukraine). They were a part of the larger migration to America in search of religious freedom and economic opportunities.
Heinrich and Aganetha Fast
Abraham and Anna Harms
Abraham and Helena Hiebert
Johann and Mary Hiebert
Peter and Adelgunda Jost
Abraham and Helena Klaassen
Heinrich and Susanna Penner
Gerhard and Justina Peters
Location. 38° 20.025′ N, 97° 13.465′ W. Marker is in Alexanderfeld, Kansas, in Marion County. Marker is on Holly Road north of 180th Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1806 Holly Road, Hillsboro KS 67063, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Hillsboro Airport (approx. 1.1 miles away); A Place of Meditation (approx. 1.2 miles away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 1.2 miles away); Replica of the Statue of Liberty (approx. The Crossing of Historic American Trails (approx. 1.4 miles away); First Mennonite Church (approx. 1.7 miles away); Ebenfeld Centennial (approx. 4.3 miles away); Frantz L. Groening (approx. 5 miles away).
Also see . . .
1. Russian-Germans in Kansas. (Submitted on November 11, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Kansas (USA) in Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. (Submitted on November 11, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 11, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 368 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 11, 2012, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.