Jackson in Madison County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4D 31.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Tennessee Historical Commission marker series.
Location. 35° 37.665′ N, 88° 48.431′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Tennessee, in Madison County. Marker is on Lane Avenue east of N. Hays Ave., on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 545 Lane Avenue, Jackson TN 38301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Merry High School (approx. 0.3 miles away); John Luther Jones (approx. 0.3 miles away); General Ulysses S. Grant (approx. one mile away); David Crockett (approx. 1.1 miles away); Lambuth College (approx. 1.1 miles away); First United Methodist Church Butler Race Track c. 1825 / Memphis Conference Female Institute 1843-1923 (approx. 1.2 miles away); Monroe Dunaway Anderson 1873-1939 / Anderson, Clayton & Company (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
Categories. • African Americans • Churches & Religion • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 17, 2012, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 396 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on November 17, 2012, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.