Paterson in Passaic County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Great Falls Hydroelectric Station
Dedicated June 29, 1987
With deep appreciation for the cooperation and commitment of the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission and the U.S. Department of Energy
The Honorable Frank X. Graves, Jr.
Mayor - the City of Paterson
The Honorable Roy P. Griffin
President - Paterson City Council
Council Members: [names not clear]
Erected 1987 by Paterson Municipal Utilities Authority.
Location. 40° 54.905′ N, 74° 10.856′ W. Marker is in Paterson, New Jersey, in Passaic County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of McBride Ave. and Wayne Ave.. Touch for map. Must walk down beside the river to see it. Marker is in this post office area: Paterson NJ 07501, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Captain Eric M. Graupe (within shouting distance of this marker); Passaic Falls (within shouting distance of this marker); Great Falls of Paterson on the Passaic (within shouting distance of this marker); The 1914 S.U.M. Great Falls Power Plant (within Great Falls of the Passaic/S.U.M. Historic District (within shouting distance of this marker); The Allied Textile Printing Site (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Overlook Park (about 400 feet away); Harry B. Haines Memorial Park (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Paterson.
More about this marker. It should say "RE-developed in response to...."
The original power plant was opened in 1914, but went out of use in 1969 due to antiquated machinery.
Related marker. Click here for another marker that is related to this marker. More info about the power plant contained in this marker
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 6, 2013, by Doran Howitt of Fair Lawn, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 245 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on April 6, 2013, by Doran Howitt of Fair Lawn, New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.