San Rafael in Marin County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Falkirk Community Cultural Center
Built in 1888 ---- Architect, Clinton Day
Original owner Ella Park resided in house 1888 – 1905
Acquired in 1906 by Robert Dollar whose family owned the house until 1974.
Purchased by citizens of San Rafael in November 1974. Commemorating the tenth anniversary of the founding of Falkirk Community Cultural Center.
Owned and operated by the City of San Rafael
Marker series. This marker is included in the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 37° 58.516′ N, 122° 31.915′ W. Marker is in San Rafael, California, in Marin County. Marker is on Mission Avenue, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is mounted on a stone pillar at the entrance to the grounds. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1408 Mission Avenue, San Rafael CA 94901, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Belrose Theater (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Gate House (about 800 feet away); Mission San Rafael Arcangel (approx. 0.2 miles away); Marin (approx. ¼ mile away); Bradford House (approx. Marin County Civic Center (approx. 1½ miles away); Historic Dedication of the Lagunitas Road Bridge (approx. 1.6 miles away); William A. Richardson (approx. 1.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Rafael.
Also see . . . A Graceful Past. A history of the building which included historical photos. (Submitted on October 27, 2013.)
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 27, 2013, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 294 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on October 27, 2013, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.