Attleboro in Bristol County, Massachusetts — The American Northeast (New England)
L.G. Balfour Company WWII Marker
Erected 1946 by L.G. Balfour Company.
Location. 41° 56.65′ N, 71° 17.083′ W. Marker is in Attleboro, Massachusetts, in Bristol County. Touch for map. Located at the right entrance to the Balfour Riverwalk Park which is the location of the former world famous L.G. Balfour Jewelry Company and factory. Marker is at or near this postal address: 24 County St., Attleboro MA 02703, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Mullaney Twins Memorial Parking Area (within shouting distance of this marker); Charles O. Fiske Square (within shouting distance of this marker); Memory of the Revolutionary Soldiers (approx. 0.2 miles away); Alfred Johnson and John B. Morin (approx. 0.2 miles away); Veterans Memorial Common (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Old Shuttle Shop (approx. half a mile away); Attleborough's Tribute (approx. 0.7 miles away); Spanish American War Memorial (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Attleboro.
More about this marker. The marker was stolen in December 2009 and replaced in May of 2010.
Categories. • War, World II •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 21, 2013, by Ken Badertscher of Attleboro, Massachusetts. This page has been viewed 422 times since then and 23 times this year. Photo 1. submitted on November 22, 2013, by Ken Badertscher of Attleboro, Massachusetts. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.