Carrollton in Denton County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Baptist Church, Hebron
In the early 1900s, during the pastorate of the Rev. D.B. Allen, the congregation relocated to the new town of Hebron and adopted the name Hebron Baptist Church. Their first sanctuary was completed in 1920.
Over the years the fellowship has been active in missionary work and has produced several ministers from its membership. Now known as First Baptist Church, Hebron, the historic congregation has contributed much to the heritage of the area and has provided significant service and leadership to the residents of this part of Denton County. (1984)
Erected 1984 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1687.)
Location. 33° 1.488′ N, 96° Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 3000 E. Hebron Pkwy, Carrollton TX 75010, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Frankford (approx. 3.1 miles away); Addison State Bank (approx. 4.8 miles away); Carrollton Black Cemetery (approx. 6.3 miles away); a different marker also named Carrollton Black Cemetery (approx. 6.3 miles away); Mount Calvary Cemetery (approx. 8.1 miles away); The Hockaday School (approx. 8.3 miles away); Texas Electric Railway Station (approx. 9 miles away); Hamilton Park Community (approx. 9.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Carrollton.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 16, 2014, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 484 times since then and 82 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on May 16, 2014, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.