Caldwell in Burleson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Old City Cemetery
Town founder Lewis L. Chiles (d.1864) is buried here. Oldest legible stone is for Margarette A. King and infant daughter (d.1843).
Now maintained by city.
Erected 1971 by State Historical Survey Comittee. (Marker Number 7565.)
Location. 30° 31.725′ N, 96° 41.57′ W. Marker is in Caldwell, Texas, in Burleson County. Marker is at the intersection of West Buffalo Street and South Thomas Street, on the left when traveling west on West Buffalo Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Caldwell TX 77836, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Burleson County in World War II (approx. 0.2 miles away); City of Caldwell (approx. 0.2 miles away); Burleson County (approx. ¼ mile away); John Mitchell (approx. ¼ mile away); Early Settlers of Burleson County in the Texas War for Independence (approx. ¼ mile away); Kings Highway (approx. 6.8 miles away); Cooks Point (approx. 6.8 miles away); Near Homesite of Judge Andrew S. Broaddus (approx. 6.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Caldwell.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 14, 2014, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 416 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 14, 2014, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.