Niagara-on-the-Lake in Niagara Region, Ontario — Central Canada
Erected by Historic Sites and Monuments Board of Canada.
Location. 43° 15.239′ N, 79° 3.948′ W. Marker is in Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario, in Niagara Region. Marker is at the intersection of Byron Street and Melville Street, on the right when traveling west on Byron Street. Touch for map. This historical marker is located about three blocks west of the Niagara River and a long block north of Fort George, on the northwest side of the intersection. Marker is in this post office area: Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario L0S 1J0, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Niagara Harbour and Dock Company (about 180 meters away, measured in a direct line); St. Vincent de Paul Church, 1835 (about 180 meters away); Niagara National Historic Sites (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Welcome to Fort George (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Fort George (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Locomotive Turntable (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); The Fortified Mouth of the Niagara River (approx. 0.4 kilometers away); A Strategic Site (approx. 0.4 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Niagara-on-the-Lake.
Also see . . . Butler's Rangers. This is a link to information provided by Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Submitted on June 20, 2013, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
Categories. • Colonial Era • Native Americans • Settlements & Settlers • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 24, 2018. This page originally submitted on June 20, 2013, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 659 times since then and 20 times this year. Last updated on August 2, 2014, by Anton Schwarzmueller of Wilson, New York. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on June 20, 2013, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.