St.. Mary's City in St. Mary's County, Maryland — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Upon This Shore
The Honorable Harry Hughes,
Governor of Maryland
His Royal Highness,
Edward, Duke of Kent
This plaque was donated to the State's 350th anniversary celebrations by the Maryland Heritage Committee, General Orwin C. Talbott, Chairman, and accepted on the 23rd of June 1985, by the Honorable John Hanson Briscoe, Chairman of the St. Mary's City commission.
Erected 1985 by Maryland Heritage Committee.
Location. 38° 11.149′ N, 76° 26.071′ W. Marker is in St.. Mary's City, Maryland, in St. Mary's County. Marker can be reached from Old State House Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Marys City MD 20686, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this In 1648 Margaret Brent Asks for “Vote...And Voyce” (within shouting distance of this marker); Mathias de Sousa (within shouting distance of this marker); The Arrival of Governor Copley (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Governing (about 500 feet away); Discovering Layers of the Past (about 500 feet away); Sharing Land and Legacy (about 500 feet away); Thomas Allen Senior (about 500 feet away); The St. Mary’s Chapel (about 500 feet away).
Categories. • Colonial Era •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 22, 2015, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 293 times since then and 3 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 22, 2015, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.