Gamaliel in Monroe County, Kentucky — The American South (East South Central)
This property was incorporated on Dec. 19, 1840 and the 7 original trustees were William Crawford, Maston Comer, John Hayes, Robert Welch, James Crawford Jr., Charles Browning & John Meador. The first burial in the Gamaliel Cemetery was John D. Welch in August 1844. The post office was established in 1870 and the Gamaliel bank in 1903.
Erected 2015 by Friends of Gamaliel Cemetery. (Marker Number 2436.)
Location. 36° 38.495′ N, 85° 47.884′ W. Marker is in Gamaliel, Kentucky, in Monroe County. Marker is on West Main Street (Kentucky Route 87), on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Located at the entrance to the Gamaliel Cemetery. Dedicated on Friday, March 27, 2015 at Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Gamaliel Cemetery (within shouting distance of this marker); Free-Town Church (approx. 2.3 miles away); James Chism (approx. 4.6 miles away); Camp Anderson (approx. 5˝ miles away); Rev. W. E. Thomas (approx. 5.7 miles away); Old Mulkey Church (approx. 5.8 miles away); Hannah Boone Pennington (approx. 5.8 miles away); Fraim Cemetery (approx. 6.6 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Gamaliel.
Additional keywords. Tompkinsville, Monroe County, Kentucky, Friends of Gamaliel Cemetery
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 11, 2015, by Chad Comer of Gamaliel, Kentucky. This page has been viewed 276 times since then and 15 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 26, 2015, by Chad Comer of Gamaliel, Kentucky. 3. submitted on March 29, 2015, by Chad Comer of Gamaliel, Kentucky. • Al Wolf was the editor who published this page.