St. Albans in Kanawha County, West Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Washington obtained this tract upon a survey made by John Floyd, April 18, 1784 with a land warrant issued to Charles Mynn Thurston, a Lieutenant in the French and Indian War. It bordered on the Great Kanawha and Coal Rivers, five miles eighty eight poles.
Erected 1932 by The State of West Virginia.
Location. 38° 22.911′ N, 81° 49.628′ W. Marker is in St. Albans, West Virginia, in Kanawha County. Marker is at the intersection of Kanawha Terrace and Lee Street, on the right when traveling east on Kanawha Terrace. Touch for map. Located at the northwest corner of the old St. Albans Junior High School. Marker is in this post office area: Saint Albans WV 25177, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Washington's Land (approx. half a mile away); St. Albans Covered Bridge (approx. ¾ mile away); St. Albans Archeological Site (approx. one mile away); Bangor Cemetery (approx. 1.2 miles away); Morgan Kitchen Museum Fort Tackett (approx. 2 miles away); West Virginia State University (approx. 3.4 miles away); Indian Mound / Mounds-Earthworks (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Albans.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 13, 2015, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 202 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 13, 2015, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.