Carrollton in Collin County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Carrollton Black Cemetery
Carrollton Historic Site
Erected 2002 by City of Carrollton and Carrollton Historic Preservation Advisory Committee.
Location. 32° 57.03′ N, 96° 55.212′ W. Marker is in Carrollton, Texas, in Collin County. Marker can be reached from West Belt Line Road 0.2 miles west of Hutton Drive, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Cemetery and marker are in a field just south of W Belt Line Road, between Luna Rd and Hutton Dr. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1525 West Belt Line Road, Carrollton TX 75006, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 9 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Carrollton Black Cemetery (here, Addison State Bank (approx. 5.3 miles away); The Hockaday School (approx. 6.1 miles away); Frankford (approx. 6.2 miles away); First Baptist Church, Hebron (approx. 6.3 miles away); Mount Calvary Cemetery (approx. 8.3 miles away); McCombs Cemetery (approx. 8.7 miles away); Texas’ First Airmail and Passenger Service (approx. 8.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Carrollton.
Also see . . . THE DALLAS COUNTY CHRONICLE The Newsletter of the Dallas County Historical Commission. Page 4 contains an article about the Official Local History marker. (Submitted on March 19, 2015, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas.)
Categories. • African Americans • Cemeteries & Burial Sites •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 18, 2015, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. This page has been viewed 275 times since then and 90 times this year. Last updated on March 22, 2015, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 19, 2015, by QuesterMark of Fort Worth, Texas. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.