Tampa in Hillsborough County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Hotel De La Havana
The hotel was headquarters for newly arrived tobacco workers and Cuban political exiles. The building was destroyed during Ybor City's first great fire in November 1891.
Erected 1961 by Las Novedades Restaurant.
Location. 27° 57.631′ N, 82° 26.578′ W. Marker is in Tampa, Florida, in Hillsborough County. Marker is on North 15th Street near East 7th Avenue, on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Located in Ybor City Historic District of Tampa. Marker is in this post office area: Tampa FL 33605, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Birth Of Ybor City (here, next to this marker); Tampa's Oldest Restaurant (within shouting distance of this marker); Roland M. Manteiga (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Centro Español de Tampa (about 400 feet away); Vicente Martinez-Ybor La Liga Patriotica de Instruccion (about 500 feet away); El Chino — Pajarito Restaurant (about 500 feet away); Site of First Ybor City Railroad Station (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Tampa.
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 3, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 1,462 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 3, 2008, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. • Christopher Busta-Peck was the editor who published this page.