Robert E. Peterson
1922 - 1989
Bob Peterson lived on the water, worked on the water and played on the water. In 1939 he officially joined Peterson Builders Inc., the shipyard started by his father, Fred. After several military deferments, he enlisted in the army and served as captain of a harbor tugboat in the Philippines. Following World War II, his adeptness at boat handling led him to captain many sea trials for the prototype vessels built at PBI. He coordinated the yard's Glass Reinforced Plastic project, forerunner of the technology currently used in the construction of large fiberglass navy ships, and led the yard's 11-year Paymover program for the airline industry. During his 48-year career, Bob provided corporate guidance in personnel and public relations, commercial and government sales, and corporate growth and planning. Bob retired as Executive Vice President of Peterson Builders, Inc. in 1987.
Erected by Jonlee Peterson.
Location. 44° 49.823′ N, 87° 22.961′ W. Marker is in Sturgeon Bay, Wisconsin, in Door County. Touch for map. Marker is on the grounds of the Door County Maritime Museum. Marker is at or near this postal address: 120 North Madison Avenue, Sturgeon Bay WI 54235, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking
Also see . . .
1. Peterson Builders, Inc., Sturgeon Bay WI. (Submitted on October 22, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. Door County Maritime Museum, Sturgeon Bay WI. (Submitted on October 22, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Man-Made Features • War, World II • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 22, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 152 times since then and 6 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 22, 2015, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.