Ringgold in Catoosa County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
The Whitman House
Erected 1955 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 023-10.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 34° 55.075′ N, 85° 6.528′ W. Marker is in Ringgold, Georgia, in Catoosa County. Marker is at the intersection of Tennessee Street (Georgia Route 151) and High Street, on the left when traveling north on Tennessee Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 309 Tennessee Street, Ringgold, Ringgold GA 30736, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Actions At Ringgold (within shouting distance of this marker); Confederate Hospitals Catoosa County (approx. 0.2 miles away); Catoosa County War Memorial (approx. 0.2 miles away); Flame of Freedom (approx. 0.2 miles away); Battle of Chickamauga (approx. 0.2 miles away); Western & Atlantic Depot (approx. 0.2 miles away); The Evans House (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ringgold.
Also see . . . Ringgold. From New Georgia Encyclopedia. (Submitted on July 13, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.)
Categories. • Antebellum South, US • War, US Civil •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 11, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 1,832 times since then and 30 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 11, 2008, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.