Fort Bridger in Uinta County, Wyoming — The American West (Mountains)
The First School House in Wyoming
Erected 1939 by Daughters of Utah Pioneers. (Marker Number 52.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of Utah Pioneers marker series.
Location. 41° 19.114′ N, 110° 23.399′ W. Marker is in Fort Bridger, Wyoming, in Uinta County. Marker can be reached from Business U.S. 80 near Main Street, on the left when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Fort Bridger WY 82933, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. School House, Milk House & Wash House (here, next to this marker); Ice House, Warehouse and Mess Hall (here, next to this marker); Post Trader’s House (a few steps from this marker); The Post Trader's Store (a few steps from this marker); Carriage House, Stables and Chicken Coop The Post Trader (within shouting distance of this marker); Fort Bridger (within shouting distance of this marker); Officer's Quarters and Enlisted Men's Barracks (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Bridger.
More about this marker. This marker is located on the grounds of Fort Bridger Historic Site. Obtain a map at the entrance or museum.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 18, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 164 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on November 18, 2015, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.