Ciudad de Mexico, Ciudad de México, Mexico — The Central Highlands
Tribute to John Riley
Heroico Batallón de San Patricio, que
luchó por México durante la Guerra de
1846-1848, se obsequía este busto en
honor de su lider
Comandante John Riley
como una muestra de amistad del
Pueblo de Irlanda al Pueblo de México
en el marco de su Bicentenario y del Centenario de su Revolución.
Develado por el
Excmo. Sr. Eamon Hickey, Embajador
de Irlanda en México.
Esculpido por los Mtros.
Lorenzo Rafael y Miguel G. Counahan.
10 de Septiembre de 2010
as a memento of friendship between the people of Ireland and the people of Mexico during her Bicentennial and the Centennial of the Mexican Revolution.
Dedicated by His Excellency Eamon Hickey, Ambassador of Ireland in Mexico.
Sculpted by the masters Lorenzo Rafael and Miguel G. Counahan.
September 10, 2010
May his soul be seated at God’s right hand
Location. 19° 20.681′ N, 99° Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: Calle San Jacinto 13, Ciudad de Mexico, Ciudad de México 01000, Mexico.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 kilometers of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Saint Patrick Battalion (a few steps from this marker); Parish of San Jacinto (within shouting distance of this marker); General José Frontera (about 120 meters away, measured in a direct line); The Del Carmen Convent (approx. 0.2 kilometers away); The Dolphin House/House of the Marquess of Sierra Nevada (approx. 0.2 kilometers away); House of Hernán Cortés (approx. 3.3 kilometers away); Agustín Lara (approx. 3.3 kilometers away); Octavio Nicolás Fernández Vilchis (approx. 3.8 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Ciudad de Mexico.
Categories. • War, Mexican-American •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 30, 2018. This page originally submitted on December 1, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 231 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 1, 2015, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.