Amarillo in Potter County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1991 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4690.)
Location. 35° 11.802′ N, 101° 50.37′ W. Marker is in Amarillo, Texas, in Potter County. Marker is on South Polk Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1608 South Polk Street, Amarillo TX 79102, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Avery and Mary Turner House (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); H. W. and Katie Galbraith House (about 700 feet away); Herring-Crudgington House (about 800 feet away); Polk Street Schools Old First Baptist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); Eakle-Archer House (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Bivins Home (approx. half a mile away); H. B. Sanborn House (approx. half a mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Amarillo.
Categories. • Architecture •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 14, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 240 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on December 14, 2015, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona.