Antioch in Contra Costa County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Riverview Union High School
Charles Appleton Hooper donated unincorporated land for the school. The election of April 1, 1910, approved the site and elected all new Antioch trustees. Construction began in September 1910 and the school was opened November 4, 1911. Antioch and Pittsburg dissolved the Union District in 1925. The last Antioch class graduated in 1931.
The Antioch Historical Society registered this site with the National Register of Historical Places on October 14, 1998.
Plaque dedicated by Joaquin Murrieta Chapter 13 E Clampus Vitus on November 4, 2000.
Erected 2000 by E Clampus Vitus Joaquin Murrieta Chapter 13.
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 38° 0.963′ N, 121° 49.595′ W. Marker is in Antioch, California, in Contra Costa County. Marker can be reached from West Fourth Street near O Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1500 West Fourth Street, Antioch CA 94509, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. Antioch High School Cupola (within shouting distance of this marker); The McCoy Cook House (within shouting distance of this marker); City of Antioch War Dog Memorial (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Cannery Lady (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Woman's Club of Antioch (approx. 0.7 miles away); F & AM - Antioch-Brentwood Lodge #175 Building (approx. 0.7 miles away); Birthplace of Antioch (approx. ¾ mile away); July 4, Anno Domini, 1951 (approx. 1.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Antioch.
More about this marker. The marker is mounted to a low stone monument in a planted area in front of the building.
Also see . . . The National Register of Historic Places Registration Form for the Riverview Union High School. (Submitted on December 27, 2015.)
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 27, 2015, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California. This page has been viewed 321 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 27, 2015, by Andrew Ruppenstein of Sacramento, California.