Alexandria, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
The Fairfax House
1749 ▿ 1771
1691 ▿▿▿ 1757
1724 ▿▿▿ 1787
Patrons Instructors and friends of Washington, Members of the Virginia House of Burgesses, members of the King's council, trustees and co-founders of the city of Alexandria
The Alexandria Association
Erected 1935 by The Alexandria Association.
Location. 38° 48.2′ N, 77° 2.517′ W. Marker is in Alexandria, Virginia. Marker can be reached from Prince Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 207 Prince Street, Alexandria VA 22314, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Home of Elisha Cullen Dick (within shouting distance of this marker); 115 Prince Street (within shouting distance of this marker); Green & Brother Furniture Residence of General William Brown, M.D. (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); George Johnston's Home (about 300 feet away); Gazette House (about 400 feet away); Home of George Gilpin 1740-1813 (about 400 feet away); Stabler-Leadbeater Apothecary (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Alexandria.
Also see . . .
1. Fairfax-Moore House. (PDF) National Register Nomination Form, Virginia DHR. (Submitted on January 23, 2016, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.)
2. The George William Fairfax House. 207 Prince Street was the home of Gay Montague Moore (Mrs. Charles B. Moore). Chapter 5 of her 1972 book Seaport in Virginia, tells its history. Project Gutenberg. (Submitted on January 23, 2016, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland.)
Categories. • Colonial Era •
More. Search the internet for The Fairfax House.
Credits. This page was last revised on July 30, 2018. This page originally submitted on January 23, 2016, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. This page has been viewed 421 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on January 23, 2016, by Allen C. Browne of Silver Spring, Maryland. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.