St. Martinville in St. Martin Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1931 by St. Martin de Tours Landscape Committee.
Location. 30° 7.389′ N, 91° 49.703′ W. Marker is in St. Martinville, Louisiana, in St. Martin Parish. Marker can be reached from E. Bridge Street (State Highway 96), on the right when traveling west. Located on the St. Martin de Tours Catholic Church grounds. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 133 South Main Street, Saint Martinville LA 70582, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. On This Site Lie Buried Officers of The Attakapas Militia (here, next to this marker); St. Martin Catholic Church (within shouting distance of Attakapa Indian (within shouting distance of this marker); St. Martinville (within shouting distance of this marker); Deportation Cross (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Evangeline Oak (about 500 feet away); The Old Castillo Hotel (about 500 feet away); Judge Émile Édouard (Edward) Simon (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in St. Martinville.
Regarding Evangeline Monument. The actress's name is misspelled on the marker, being "Dolores del Río" and not "Delores del Rio".
Categories. • Arts, Letters, Music •
More. Search the internet for Evangeline Monument.
Credits. This page was last revised on April 8, 2017. This page originally submitted on March 13, 2016. This page has been viewed 319 times since then and 27 times this year. Last updated on April 28, 2016. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on March 13, 2016. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.