San Salvador, El Salvador — Central America (West Coast)
Demolido en 1994
y reconstruido entre
1994 y 1997
Arq. Dagoberto Gavidia
Demolished in 1994 and reconstructed between 1994 and 1997
Architect Dagoberto Gavidia was the professional responsible for the reconstruction
Location. 13° 41.932′ N, 89° 11.413′ W. Marker is in San Salvador, San Salvador. Marker is at the intersection of Calle Delgado and Pasaje Morazán, on the left when traveling west on Calle Delgado. Touch for map.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Francisco Morazán (within shouting distance of this marker); In Memory of the Murdered Jesuit Priests (about 150 meters away, measured in a direct line); Capitán General Gerardo Barrios (about 150 meters away); Central America's First Cry of Independence (about 180 meters away); The National Palace of El Salvador Dr. José Matías Delgado (about 210 meters away); El Rosario Church (about 210 meters away); General José Manuel Arce (about 210 meters away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Salvador.
Regarding Farmacia Principal. Traditionally this building was known as the Bar Alcazar or the Art School of Don Valerio Lecha, as its second floor housed Lecha's painting studio where many Salvadoran artists were trained. The building was reconstructed to match its earlier construction as it was one of few buildings from the late 1880's in this area around Plaza Morazán in the historic center of San Salvador.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 13, 2018. This page originally submitted on May 19, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico. This page has been viewed 354 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 19, 2016, by J. Makali Bruton of Querétaro, Mexico.