Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Sharon N. Goodman
Caption: County Historical Marker #007 Plaque
Additional Description: Mount RubidouxAtop this hill the outdoor Easter Sunrise Service tradition began in 1909. The founder of Riverside viewed arid land soon to become green. It is named for Louis Rubidoux, who raised cattle and colonized around it under Mexican and US flags. Upon it are many shrines and monuments such as the Peace Tower dedicated to Frank A. Miller.
Submitted: March 14, 2010, by Sharon N. Goodman of Round Rock, Texas.
Database Locator Identification Number: p100981
File Size: 0.820 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.