Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Tim Carr
Taken: November 17, 2008
Caption: Gorgas House, 1829
Additional Description: The Gorgas House, designed by William Nichols was part of his design of the original campus of the newly established University of Alabama. This building was one of only four to survive the destruction of the campus by Federal Troops on April 4, 1865.
Submitted: March 29, 2010, by Timothy Carr of Birmingham, Alabama.
Database Locator Identification Number: p102936
File Size: 0.627 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.