Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser.
Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Tuck & Sons'
Caption: Old Stone House, Washington's Headquarters, Richmond, Va
Additional Description: The house which Washington occupied as his headquarters during the Revolution, stands on Main Street, and is the oldest building in the city, having been erected in 1737, the year Richmond was founded. It is a plain, well-preserved, Colonial structure, 1 1/2 stories high, and visited by thousands of tourists annually. VCU Libraries Digital Collections - Rarely Seen Richmond
Submitted: June 26, 2010, by Bernard Fisher of Richmond, Virginia.
Database Locator Identification Number: p114680
File Size: 0.097 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.