Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Karen Key
Taken: October 2, 2007
Caption: Building a Museum
Additional Description: Part of the CCC work assignment was to build a museum so visitors could view the artifacts. $5,900 was allocated by congress for construction. M.R. Harrington designed the museum, ad with the CCC crews providing the labor, construction began in 1934. Local material was used to make sun dried adobe brick and stone was collected in the Valley of Fire for the floors. Even before the walls were complete the sign was hung with original museum name: Boulder Dam Park Museum.
Submitted: December 8, 2007, by Karen Key of Sacramento, California.
Database Locator Identification Number: p11504
File Size: 0.764 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.