Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Brian Scott
Taken: May 12, 2010
Caption: Battle of Cowpens Monument
Additional Description: Erected in 1932, the War Department Monument is a granite shaft 32 feet high and 7 feet square. The base of the monument is 11'4" square and is also made of granite. On the north face of the monument at a height of 25 feet there is a seal that is approximately 3 feet in diameter. There are inscriptions on the north and south faces of the monument and commemorative plaques on the east and west faces. (Source: Cowpens National Battlefield National Register Nomination Form.)
Submitted: July 5, 2010, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.
Database Locator Identification Number: p116078
File Size: 0.058 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.