Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Paul Crumlish
Taken: August 21, 2010
Caption: Dr. Robert B. McNutt House (1840)
Additional Description: This National Register of Historic Places-listed building served as the headquarters of future Presidents Rutherford B. Hayes and William McKinley during the Civil War. It was the only structure to remain after town was burned by the evacuating Confederates in 1862. Today it has been restored and serves as the home of the Princeton-Mercer County Chamber of Commerce.
Submitted: August 24, 2010, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.
Database Locator Identification Number: p124319
File Size: 1.592 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.