Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Brian Scott
Caption: Circa 1787 Marker
Additional Description: Andrew Logan was the builder of this house around 1787. It was the first house built in the nearby town of Greenwood and was found in 1967 hidden in the core of an old house on Spring Street. It was moved to this site in 1971. It is portrayed as a backcountry tavern of the late 1700s. Taverns played a vital role in the community's life of this period. It was a place where a night's lodging, food and drink could be purchased.
Submitted: September 10, 2008, by Brian Scott of Anderson, South Carolina.
Database Locator Identification Number: p125003
File Size: 2.557 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.