Photograph as originally submitted to this page
in the Historical Marker Database www.HMdb.org
. Click on photo to resize in browser. Scroll down to see metadata.
Photographer: Craig Swain
Taken: August 28, 2010
Caption: Artillery at Stop Six
Additional Description: Two 3-inch Ordnance Rifles and a 12-pdr Field Howitzer represent the massed batteries on this sector of the battlefield. The Ordnance Rifles are registry numbers 49 and 769, both produced at Phoenix Iron Works in Pennsylvania. The former was produced in 1861 while the higher number was produced in 1864.
Submitted: November 8, 2010, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.
Database Locator Identification Number: p135307
File Size: 0.562 Megabytes
To see the metadata that may be embedded in this photo, sign in and then return to this page.